The Michigan Equitable Service Collaborative is excited to partner with the Van Andel Education Institute to offer a sustained professional development event for science teachers in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade.
This two-year training will offer teachers:
- An interactive opportunity to experience an investigation that models inquiry-based science.
- Strategies for successfully incorporating a process of scientific inquiry as well as a classroom culture of thinking and collaboration.
- Access to VAEI lessons aligned to standards and ready for implementation and customization.
- Easy-to-implement strategies that support the processes of scientific inquiry and engineering design, scientific habits of mind, and a rich, collaborative learning environment.
- Development of a portfolio to support inquiry-based science learning.
- Support in implementation throughout the year with individualizes action plans and frequent feedback loops.
The first year of training is valued at over $1,000.00 and is offered to Michigan non-public schools for only $100. All workshops will be held in Lansing, Michigan and will include lunch.